Dr. Bascome was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He earned his bachelors degree in Biology from Nova Southeastern in 2006 and went on to graduate with clinical honors in ocular disease and primary care from Nova Southeastern College of Optometry in 2010. While in optometry school, Dr. Bascome received an award for demonstrating superior clinical skills and excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease. His clinical interests include, Specialty Contact Lenses, Dry Eye and Glaucoma Management. Dr. Bascome joined Broward Eye Care in 2012 and enjoys helping the community he grew up and still lives in. He believes in providing personalized care using state of the art diagnostic technology. When he is not spending time with patients, Dr. Bascome enjoys spends time with his wife and son, and exercising. He is enthusiastic about his career and is anxious to fulfill your optometric needs.
- Adjunct Professor Salus University College of Optometry
- Adjunct Professor Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Applied Sciences
- Fellow American Academy of Optometry- Candidate
- Fellow of the Scleral Lens Education Society-Candidate
- American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
- Scleral Lens Education Society
- International Keratoconus Academy
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- Broward County Optometric Association.
- Cardinal Gibbons Alumni Association